WEDNESDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* Another very rough day on Wall Street, with the Dow falling more than 400 points.
* Remember Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson’s plan to purchase troubled assets as part of the bailout plan? Well, forget it.
* Congrats to the couples who can now legally marry in Connecticut.
* Can the Wall Street Journal’s editorial slant get even more right-wing? It’s going to try.
* The Cheneys are giving the Bidens a tour this afternoon. Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that one….
* I wonder if the McCain of 2008 remembers what the McCain of 2002 said about Saxby Chambliss.
* Right-wing Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) “regrets” his Obama-Hitler comparison, and apologizes to those who “took offense.”
* A step forward: “The New Hampshire Senate became the first state legislative body in the country with a majority-female membership.”
* Someone at Immigration and Customs Enforcement screwed around a few days before the election, but we don’t know who.
* Harold Meyerson offers a helpful perspective Fox News’ influence.
* MSNBC has decided to put Joe “Potty Mouth” Scarborough on a seven-second delay.
* At a Republican Governors Association panel session today, Frank Luntz noted Obama’s email list of 10 million voters. “He’s got 10 million names and our candidate doesn’t know how to use this,” Luntz said, holding up a BlackBerry in the air. “There is a problem there.”
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.