WEDNESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* Barack Obama has been the president-elect for about a month now, and as far as voters are concerned, he looks good so far. A new USA Today/Gallup Poll finds, “More than three of four Americans, including a majority of Republicans, approve of the job Obama has done so far — broad-based support he’ll need as he faces tough decisions ahead.”
* The congressional races aren’t quite over yet, and there’s still a runoff election to be held in Louisiana’s 4th congressional district, in the northwest corner of the state. Yesterday, Obama unveiled a radio ad in support of Caddo Parish District Attorney Paul Carmouche, who’ll face Republican John Fleming. The election is Dec. 6.
* On a related note, Republican ads in Louisiana’s 4th are pretty brutal.
* Hillary Clinton still has considerable campaign debts to retire, so her team is using her promotion to Secretary of State as a reason to hit up donors. According to multiple reports, Clinton still owes about $7 million.
* Remember Colorado Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, the far-right Republican who went into hiding after her re-election defeat? The good news is, she’s reemerged. The bad news is, she only popped up long enough to record a bitter robocall for Saxby Chambliss in Georgia.