THURSDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* It took a while, but the House race in California’s 4th congressional district was resolved yesterday, when Charlie Brown (D) conceded to Tom McClintock (R).
* For all of his many flaws, Chris Matthews seems to have enough poll support to at least make him vaguely credible as a Senate candidate in Pennsylvania.
* Jeb Bush isn’t the only Florida Republican with a famous last name eyeing the 2010 Senate race. Rep. Connie Mack IV (R), whose father was also a senator, is reportedly thinking about throwing his hat in the ring.
* Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell (D) was overheard on a live mic this week saying Janet Napolitano will make a great Director of Homeland Security because she doesn’t have a family, and she’ll have more time for the job. Rendell backpedaled yesterday and apologized.
* There are, believe it or not, new details emerging on the RNC’s campaign wardrobe for Sarah Palin.