MONDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* Former Rep. Rob Portman (R) will announce today that he’s running for George Voinovich’s Senate seat, now that the incumbent has said he’s retiring.
* Roland Burris’ Senate appointment seems exceedingly likely at this point.
* Caroline Kennedy had a formal interview with Gov. David Paterson over the weekend, discussing New York’s vacancy in the Senate.
* On a related note, Rasmussen found that if Kennedy is appointed and runs against Rep. Peter King (R) for a full term, she would be the heavy favorite.
* In Florida, former House Speaker Marco Rubio (R) is gearing up to run for the Senate in 2010, while former congressman and MSNBC host Joe Scarborough isn’t.
* A Fairleigh Dickinson-PublicMind Poll shows New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine (D) leading former U.S Attorney Chris Christie in a hypothetical match-up, 40% to 33%.