Yes, I know some of you expect me to start blogging at 8:00 a.m. sharp EDT, and that hasn’t happend yet. But I expect to stop blogging at 5:30 p,m. sharp EDT, and that, too, hasn’t happened yet. Still, it’s been a fun week, and here are some significant leftovers:
* Ron Brownstein notes indifference of GOP presidential candidates to plight of uninsured. You really ought to read this article, folks.
* If you missed the “King of Bain” film, and want to hear Mitt Romney speaking godless, socialistic French, check video here.
* More Mitt: Gallup shows him at highest support levels yet among Republicans nationally, and Raz has him zooming past Santorum in Wisconsin.
* Amanda Terkel provides glimpses of the Senate steam room from Arlen Specter’s new memoir. Lord help us.
* Timothy Stanley examines drift of conservative Catholics into GOP, and its consequences.
* It’s a Republican primary in Louisiana, so of course Rick Santorum stopped at a firing range to squeeze off a few rounds. A spectator shouted: “Pretend it’s Obama!” Wish I were kidding.
And in non-political news:
* Kentucky fans still suffering, 20 years later, over Christian Laettner shot. Current ‘Cats probably pretend to get it.
This weekend our Guest Blogger will be the now-familiar and ever-impressive Jesse Singal. Please welcome him back.