It’s been a tough week for me, but not remotely as tough as it was for Rick Santorum and Hilary Rosen. Here are a few final items of note:
* President’s tax returns released; looks like he won’t qualify for the Buffett Rule.
* I spent a good part of the day trying to figure out what if anything to say about Politico‘s big piece comparing Mitt Romney to Don Draper. See if you can figure it out.
* Crossroads GPS gets anonymous $10 million check to run anti-Obama ads. WaPo story on the development features big photo of Sheldon Adelson. Coincidence or broad hint?
* Rick Santorum takes out lifetime NRA membership for 3-year-old daughter. I suspect she’d rather have been given an ice cream cone.
* Roger Ailes, speaking to journalism students, refers to CNN’s Soledad O’Brien as “that girl that’s named after a prison.” Such a classy, classy guy.
And in non-political news:
* Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift to collaborate on song. Tabloid covers now set for months.
That’s it for the week. But I am very happy to announce our Weekend Blogger will be Sara Mead, a friend and former colleague who is an Associate Partner at Bellwether Education Partners, and also blogs regularly for Education Week. She’ll be writing about the full panoply of news items, but if anything happens in the education policy world, she’ll be all over it.
And I have another Guest Blogging announcement: I’ve been called for jury duty Monday, so filling in then will be Jesse Singal, who’s become a familiar and energetic presence here at PA. We’ll see what happens at the courthouse, but generally people with law degrees are about as welcome on juries as a communicable disease, so I’ll probably be back soon.