It’s been a relatively slow news day, if you aren’t interested in dog abuse stories, but here are a few items from the clipping room floor:
* Chris Cillizza shocked at Pew survey showing over half of Americans don’t know identity of Chief Justice.
* Catholic League threatens boycott of Daily Show over “vagina manger” joke.
* Ryan Lizza explains GOP secrecy on plans to eliminate Cabinet departments.
* Obama issues first of many-to-come warnings that government may shut down at end of September if deficit agreement abandoned.
* Florida judge recuses herself from Zimmerman case because of husband’s ties to CNN.
And in sad, non-political news: Dick Clark dies at 82.
I’m heading back to the courtroom for more voir dire fun. See you early tomorrow.