In between posts, I’ve been carefully reading the Rolling Stone interview with Barack Obama, and will write about it later today. In the meantime, here are some mid-day morsels:
* At WaPo’s Wonkblog, Brad Plumer has an excellent summary of yesterday’s Washington Monthly/New American Foundation event on the airline industry.
* While you are at Wonkblog, check out Ezra Klein’s reminder of the damage a Presidenet Romney could inflict with a Republican-controlled Congress; the Ryan Budget, for example, could be enacted and implemented via reconciliation, making the filibuster irrelevant.
* Newt Gingrich indicates he’ll end his candidacy next week. Wonder if Mitt asked his creditors to foreclose on Gingrich ’12?
* Supremes begin oral arguments on Arizona immigration law; live blog is here
* And speaking of immigration, my TNR column on Romney’s self-inflicted problems on immigration issues is here.
And in sort-of-non-political news:
* Joe Francis announces winner of “Hottest Girl in America” contest will be offered internship in office of Sen. Mark Pryor. I’d love to see the Arkansas polling on this one.
Back in just a bit.