Glad to have survived another week, and hope to greet the next with no further need to mention Newt Gingrich, unless Mitt goes crazy and offers him a Cabinet post to get him to go home. But here are a few other items:
* Romney tells college students to consider borrowing money from parents to start a business. He really just can’t help himself, can he?
* MO Republican gubernatorial candidate tells African-Amerian newspaper ed board interviewers he “doesn’t know” whether the president is a Muslim. Well, can’t accuse him of pandering.
* Bryan Fischer’s got company: Matthew Franck pens long post at National Review’s The Corner blasting Romney spokesman Ric Grenell for “unhinged devotion” to marriage equality.
* Dave Weigel publishes media coverage word clouds on all the “mentioned” candidates for Veep. Bad news for Bob McDonnell: “Ultrasound” dominates his cloud.
And in non-political news:
* Google devises search term that eats up search results. Go figure.
This weekend I’m happy to welcome back Kathleen Geier for guest blogging duty. Please treat her kindly and attentively.
Since it’s now Friday night (in the East at least), you know what that means, right? FISH & CHIPS! Enjoy the Eddie & the Hot Rods video below.