Even if the day is racing by, don’t forget your nutritional needs. A few appetizers:
* Conservatives are pointing to a 2003 news report that Mitt Romney and his family saved a Scottish Terrier–not to mention six human beings–from possible death after a boating accident in 2003. Allahpundit calls the story a “gamechanger” in the campaign. Seriously.
* Nate Silver argues that polls showing close race in Arizona are indicator that Obama’s ahead nationally, not that the state itself is suddenly a “swing state.”
* Wisconsin courts make it clear that state’s new voter ID law will not be in effect for recall election.
* Turns out ALEC’s friends in SC legislature quietly passed law exempting the group from lobbyist ethics requirements.
* House passes GOP version of CISPA despite White House veto threat.
And in non-political news:
* You can read an actual debate at HuffPost about whether Kanye really likes Kim.
I’ll be back soon, but for those watching the clock and anticipating the weekend, here’s a vintage video from The Vapors, better known as the New Wave band that was “Turning Japanese.”