Interesting Monday morning for a change. Here’s some breakfast leftovers:
* Just saw Suze Orman emphatically endorse Obama on The View. Could be one of the more influential endorsements we’ll see for a while.
* So does Newsweek‘s “gaylo” adorning the image of “the first gay president” trumps Time‘s cover image of woman breastfeeding her very large three-year-old? Hard to say, but pretty sure Washington Monthly won’t be entering this particular sweepstakes.
* Kruman suggests JP Morgan fiasco illustrates basic need for bank regulation. Shame he has to make the case.
* Steve King complains “left wing of the Republican Party” pushing for bipartisanship in Congress. Didn’t know conservatives took hallucinogenic drugs.
* Dan Gilgoff examines DC’s “Mormon Mafia” of highly-placed LDS members.
And in non-political news:
* Legendary session musician Donald “Duck” Dunn dies at 70.
Back very shortly.