What to eat? Virtuous leftovers or sinful freezer-food? While I ponder this question, here are some mid-day news bites:
* Republican legislators in Colorado kill civil unions bill for second time, on party-line vote in a House committee.
* Republican legislators in Virginia kill judicial nomination of pioneer challenger of Don’t-Ask-Don’t-Tell policy. Detect a pattern here?
* Common Cause files suit against Senate in effort to have filibuster declared unconstitutional. Probably won’t go anywhere, but a noble effort.
* TAP’s Jamelle Bouie takes apart Romney economic message, discovers its core is belief that recession a random event like a weather disaster.
* New PPP poll shows Deb Fischer blowing past Jon Bruning and crushing Don Stenberg to take lead in NE Senate primary. Greg Sargent suggests Fischer’s ascent may be true first test of post-Citizens United environment.
And in non-political news:
* Seven-year-old out-snarks Howard Stern on America’s Got Talent.
Back after a snack.