Back at the hospital cafeteria for lunch and a half-hour of hysteria trying to get internet access. So a few items have piled up:
* Conservatives try to sound unhappy about May jobs report. Not very hard, though.
* Aside from Justice slap at Florida for voter purge, federal judge halts Florida’s restrictions on voter registration drives (rationalized by imagined ACORN threat).
* In other Florida Republican news, Jeb Bush “proves” he’s not going onto ticket by saying he would have defied Grover Norquist and supported the hypothetical ten-to-one spending-cuts-to-revenues deal presidential candidates rejected in debate.
* Well, at least Fed now unlikely to boost interest rates to head off inflation “threat.”
* Greenspan gives another boost to confidence fairy, warns of “investor revolt” against deficits. Why is this man still getting a hearing?
And in non-economic news:
* Vandy football coach finally apologizes for comments suggesting he hires assistants based on hotness of their wives.
Back very soon.