Long day of rage, I’m afraid, with relatively little real news. But here are some final items from the word wars:
* Spike Lee says Obama’s re-election “not a lock.” This is deemed newsworthy by Politico.
* AFL-CIO prioritizes “voter protection” efforts in six battleground states. Good idea.
* Kevin Drum notes growing acceptability of massive candidate mendacity.
* Still no unity event for Mitt and former GOP rivals.
And in non-political news:
* Ann Rutherford, who played Scarlett O’Hara’s younger sister in Gone With the Wind, dies at 94.
Back tomorrow for whatever the day brings.