Ravenous since awakening, probably in a displaced hunger for different news than has greeted us today. Here are some items I discarded from my own plate:
* Kraft Foods enters culture wars with rainbow oreo commemorating Pride month. Great tweet by Feministing’s Chloe Angyal: “Go ahead, homophobes, boycott Oreos because of their Pride ads. MORE OREOS FOR ME AND MY GAY FRIENDS.”
* Jonathan Bernstein argues Hatch win actually a victory for the Tea Party since he relentlessly toed their line for the last two years.
* Often-wrong, never-in-doubt Victor Davis Hanson pens a comprehensive tirade against Obama that left me shaking with rage, and leaping for the blood pressure meds. Read at your own risk.
* Romney camp to meet with WaPo editors to make case for retraction of June 21 story on Bain and outsourcing. Shows how damaging they think this line of attack could be.
* New Q-Pac swing state polling shows Obama gains in Florida and Ohio amid broad support for his immigration initiative.
And in non-political news:
* My favorite college football blogger intelligently assesses new 4-team playoff system.
Back after a nutritional graze.