Well, it was a calmer morning today than yesterday, eh? It could easily fade momentarily, but there’s even good news from Europe. So let’s savor it, and lunch:
* David Brooks predictably burns candles before an image of John Roberts as an avatar of “Burkean minimalism,” then touts wisdom of GOP “thinking” on health care.
* At Salon Paul Campos summarizes evidence for late switch by Roberts on ACA, and finds it persuasive.
* TPM’s David Taintor collects some of the wildest right-wing reactions to the decision.
* CNN launches “internal probe” to find out why it botched reporting of ACA decision. No word if Fox News will follow.
* House finally clears transportation bill that includes one-year extension of reduced student loan interest rates, but does not include earlier language mandating approval of Keystone XL pipeline.
And in non-political news:
* Cruise and Holmes announce divorce.
Back in just a while.