As alert readers noticed, I got off to a late start this morning (I overslept all the way until 5:30!), so I’m still playing catchup. But here are some news nuggets I hastily microwaved for your mid-day break:
* Roll Call provides depressing details on the $300 million American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS campaign budget for 2012, including $70 million for Senate races.
* CBO reports that in 2009 Americans paid lowest tax rates in 30 years.
* Rielle Hunter book tour a bust; only 6,000 copies sold.
* Breitbart rolls out Part Deux of Pat Caddell’s massive strategic memo, and it’s just as vast and unreadable as the first installment.
* Gardner and Balz take Iowa’s political temperature.
And in non-political news:
* Hard-copy resumes head towards the graveyard.
Back after a short hydration break.