Weird, sad day. And to think, last week was Friday 13th. Anyway, here’s some more news bites:
* Death toll in Aurora now 13, with several other victims still in ICU.
* Atlantic‘s Garance Franke-Ruta discusses depressingly familiar rollout of mass shooting news.
* Dave Weigel throws cold water on Goehmert theory that someone with concealed-carry weapon could have stopped shootings.
* After blasting ABC for dumb linkage of Aurora shooter to Tea Party, Breitbart “reports” he was a registered Democrat, then has to retract “story.”
* At New Yorker, Adam Gopnik argues Adam Smith would have entirely agreed with Obama on public role in entrepreneurship.
And in non-political, non-mass-shooting news:
* Team USA dominates host Brits in Olympics roundball tuneup.
Back in a bit.