Kinda disappointed no one has “liked” or commented on this morning’s Daylight Video. The song is one of the best descriptions of the ambiguity of romantic love (“Love her so much I wish she’d just go away”) ever penned, and that’s saying something. Do check it out.
Here are some mid-day candy hearts of both the sweet and tart variety:
* Kevin Cirilli writes best Politico lede I’ve seen in years: “Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) – who boasted in his State of the Union response that he still lives in the working class neighborhood where he was raised – might be movin’ on up.”
* Reid schedules cloture vote on Hagel nomination for tomorrow morning.
* Roll Call‘s Joshua Miller reports on big argument among Kentucky Dems about whether Ashley Judd should run against Mitch McConnell next year.
* “Libertarian bad boy” Justin Amash considering Senate run if Carl Levin retires.
* TAP’s Mike Konczal publishes useful Q&A on minimum wage hikes and their economic impact.
And in non-political news:
* Doomed cruise ship due to dock in Mobile just in time for couples to enjoy a romantic Valentine’s Day antibiotic rinse.
Back in a relative few.