Relieved to learn via Twitter that Rich Yeselson doesn’t mind my calling his labor movement strategy “neo-Fabian.” Them’s fighting words in some circles.
Here are some mid-day news/views morsels, some potentially heartburn-inducing:
* Charles Pierce notes explosion at un-inspected petrochemical plant in Louisiana not exactly unexpected or unprecedented.
* Jeb Bush blows a pretty loud dog whistle at Faith & Freedom confab, urging support for “fertile,” pro-family immigrants.
* At same confab, Mark Sanford gets chilly reception. Wages of sin….
* Why do Republicans keep pushing anti-choice legislation? Case in point: Trent Franks raising serious national money as alleged “victim” of liberals criticizing his comments on rape and abortion.
* Peggy Noonan’s latest column wanders weepily from “surveillance state” to late-term abortion to old folks who don’t recognize their own country any more.
And in quasi-non-political news:
* It’s Ben Bernanke’s turn to send new signals in the endless guessing game between the Fed and investors on the future of monetary stimulus and interest rates.
Back after some chores.