An interesting day, given the small offerings from the news gods (aside from our own reported story).
Here are some final items of the day:
* Conservatives in both Houses are beginning regularly to link Obamacare to immigration reform, both substantively and symbolically. That’s another danger sign for the “Republican Establishment;” they’ve got no one to blame but themselves.
* WaPo reports a general pattern by VA Gov. Bob McDonnell and his family of regularly letting the state pick up the tab for small personal expenses.
* Jonathan Bernstein cites WaMo’s report on the GOP/church rift over an Obamacare fix as more evidence GOP extremism is gradually eroding its base of support.
* At Ten Miles Square, Andrew Sabl deplores Beltway habit of warning that America is over-reacting to Iraq disaster instead of learning Iraq lessons.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer examines delayed retirements among college professors.
And in non-political news:
* Stocks rise on broad front in advance of a Wednesday press conference by Ben Bernanke at the end of the Fed’s current policy meeting. If he does anything unexpected, look out!
Let’s wrap up with more from those darlings of the Paisley Underground, Rain Parade, with the 1985 tune “Night Shade.”