This Thursday through Saturday I’ll be live-blogging from the Netroots Nation event, just up the road (nearly said “the 101,” but remembered the trouble that got me in!) in San Jose. More on that tomorrow.
Here are some final items of the day:
* Thune border fence amendment to immigration bill fails 39-54. As with Grassley amendment last week, only nay-voting GOPers were Gang of Eight members plus Lisa Murkowski.
* Big Tea Party march in Washington to protest IRS on tap for tomorrow.
* TPM publishes caustic comments on Politico from Nate Silver.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Zasloff hails Republican Rep. Ed Royce as the unlikely champion of international food aid reform.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer looks at the dreadful ratings teachers’ colleges are receiving.
And in non-political news:
* Nike caught jumping the gun on Miami Heat NBA Title, which could evaporate tonight.
Gotta get one more Monterey Pop video in: here’s Jimi performing a song from Are You Experienced: “The Wind Cried Mary.”
Okay, gotta do this as an encore: