One of those weeks when breaking news keeps eliminating short-term memories. Perhaps as the White House planned and hoped, Obama’s climate change speech already half-forgotten. But probably not on K Street.
Here are some mid-day spicy hors d’oeuvres, none of them from a Paula Deen cookbook:
* Markey beats Gomez by solid ten percent. It’s not 2010 anymore.
* Ist quarter 2013 GDP estimates revised sharply downward by Commerce Department from 2.4% to 1.8%.
* Mike Huckabee says “Jesus Wept” at Supreme decisions validating same-sex marriage. Very different Jesus than the one with which I am familiar.
* Obama (who of course is not a real Christian) makes congratulatory call to plantiff in Windsor case from Air Force One.
* At TNR Linda Hirshman agrees with Scalia’s prediction in Windsor dissent: Kennedy is signalling future decision establishing marriage as a constitutional right under equal protection clause.
* Erick Erickson witnesses Thomas Friedman behaving rudely on a train and somehow uses that to set up a rant against immigration reform.
And in non-political news:
* Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and Britney Spears left off Forbes “Celebrity 100” list. Is nothing sacred?
Back after I finish staring at Sean Trende’s case for white voters as the GOP’s ace-in-the-hole.