Enough with my carping about the Gang of Eight bill! Give the Senate a hand for what is likely to be a short-lived triumph!
Here are some final items of the day:
* Chick-Fil-A’s Dan Cathy tweets “sad day for our nation” reaction to DOMA demise, then deletes it. Guess the public relations department got to him in a panic.
* Baucus and Hatch open the bidding for “tax reform;” some long nights ahead, probably for nothing, on K Street.
* White House compiling list of potential successors to Ben Bernanke. I hope ability to say nothing at press conferences is one of the vetting points.
* At Ten Miles Square, Sarah Binder revisits 2006 extension of Voting Rights Act.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer examines Clarence Thomas’ concurring opinion in Fisher.
And in non-political news:
* Dow now cresting upwards on better economic news. Go figure.
To close the day, in a tribute to Rand Paul’s “joke” about bestiality, here’s Talking Heads performing “Animals” in Germany in 1980.