I’m cheating a bit by ending the day with only eleven posts, but there are a lot of words in the can. And here are a few more:
* At TAP, E.J. Graff pens a wonderful essay on her journey to feeling joy at the demise of DOMA.
* TPM’s Brien Beutler throws cold water on latest magic theory of how Gang of Eight bill will supposedly be passed in House: the discharge petition.
* At Ten Miles Square, Erik Voeten discusses the impact of public opinion on how the Supreme Court tailors its decisions.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports on the congressional impasse on student loan interest rates, which has survived the supposed July 1 deadline.
And in non-political news:
* For those getting an early start on the 2016 caucuses: Shrimp Corndog and Smoothie-on-a-Stick highlight new foods at this year’s Iowa State Fair.
Okay, that’s it for a very active week. I’m sure there will be plenty for Kathleen Geier to address as our Weekend Blogger. Let’s close the day with another from Franz Ferdinand, performing “40′” in Germany in 2009.