Argh, I always get overwrought a bit when I write about Southern culture, so I’m running a bit late. Here are some mid-day news/views snacks, the ones I found when looking past all the stuff people are writing today that we discussed here yesterday:
* In case there’s any residual doubt about this, National Review‘s Jonathan Strong describes the House GOP attitude towards the Senate immigration bill as one of “comprehensive rejection.”
* HHS promulgates final rules on contraception coverage mandate under Obamacare. Get ready for a fresh explosion of rage from those treating “religious liberty” as right to receive public subsidies without conditions.
* The Atlantic‘s Garance Franke-Ruta examines Rick Perry’s latest bout of “mansplaining.”
* TNR’s Jonathan Cohn suggests conservatives spend some time watching the Weather Channel.
And in non-political news:
* Red Sox man stabbed by Yankees fan awarded $4.3 million in damages in suit against restaurant where incident occurred.
Back within the hour.