Atmosphere in Egypt getting a lot less celebratory, with suppression and arrest of Islamist journalists.
We’ll keeping watching the situation and write about it as events warrant, but the plan is for Lite Holiday Blogging tomorrow, in honor of Independence Day.
Here are some final items of a wild pre-holiday Wednesday:
* North Carolina Senate passes Shariah Law/Abortion jumbo pack of craziness so rapidly that even GOP Gov. Pat McCrory criticized the process.
* For horror fiction enthusiasts: new novel comes out with alternative history whereby McCain/Palin ticket won in ’08 and then aged president succumbed to illness. Scary? You betcha.
* World Meteorological Association issues sobering report on “unprecedented” climate extremes during 2001-2010 decade.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jeffrey Goldberg argues Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson has been main generator of accusations U.S. soft on Morsi.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes Oregon moving towards its own version of income-contingent student loan repayment.
And in non-political news:
* Twenty-eight NFL players have been arrested since the Super Bowl.
That’s it for now. We’ve featured several Jim Morrison/Brian Jones video items during the day. Let’s close it with Morrison and the Doors hammering out “Roadhouse Blues.”