Should have known: Brother Benen at least half-bluffing in suggesting he was taking the day off. And indeed, even on a slow semi-holiday Friday, there are bones to gnaw on:
* John McCain said to be on “collision course” with House conservatives on immigration reform. I’d say it’s a resistible force meeting an immovable object.
* Big shocker: Gallup tells us Americans still don’t want their kids to grow up to be politicians.
* Guardian‘s Harry Enten rains on Wendy-Davis-For-Governor parade with data.
* Daily Beast‘s Michelle Goldberg suggests Rick Perry using abortion fight to set up ’16 presidential run.
* Krugman argues that the “democratic ideal” of equality remains the common thread of U.S. history.
And in non-political news:
* Del Porto/Djokovich compete in longest semifinal in Wimbledon history.
Back after an actual lunch break.
UPDATE: Apologies to Mudwall Jackson for the Wimbledon spoiler. I guess it didn’t occur to me that I wouldn’t be the last to hear of the results of a tennis match. I’ve changed the item above to read the way I should have written it, in case someone else happens by who is still in suspense.