Blogging has been delayed by several Safari crashes, which I have decided to attribute to an overload of disco music. Speaking of which, the latest crash erased a long meditation on my first exposure to disco, which in retrospect, is probably a good thing.
Here are some mid-day news/views snacks:
* New Q-Poll gives post-Benghazi! Benghazi! take on HRC’s standing in hypothetical ’16 race. She leads Christie 46/40 and the Latest Thing, Rand Paul, 50/38. Same poll, however, shows Christie leading Biden 46/35, and Paul tied with the Veep at 42.
* Brownstein warns Dems that demographic advantage won’t help in ’14 if “passion gap” remains.
* Charlie Cook warns against excessive demographic stereotyping of voting behavior.
* TNR’s Nate Cohn points to Florida as state where GOP may have maxed out white vote and need Latino improvement.
* In speech at Moscow airport, Snowden claims formal asylum status in Venezuela, but requests continued stay in Russia until he can get there.
And in non-political news: Fire on empty Ethiopian Airlines plane shuts down Heathrow. No injuries, fortunately.
Back in a bit with more talk ‘n’ tunes.