We’ll be on “nuclear alert” overnight, in anticipation of the first blow against King Filibuster tomorrow morning.
In the meantime, here are some final items of this day:
* Legislation legalizing same-sex marriage clears U.K. House of Lords, making its enactment certain.
* Ezra Klein offers some new evidence for “asymmetric polarization.”
* Love this quote from Harry Reid today (via The Atlantic‘s Molly Ball) when asked if he was open to more talks before pursuing the “nuclear option:” “Talks on what? Talks on what? Talks on what?”
* At Ten Miles Square, Ryan Cooper is not pleased by The View‘s hiring of Jenny McCarthy. I mean, really not pleased.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses the Gates Foundation’s heavy-handed role in higher education reform.
And in non-political news:
* Typhoon Soulik wreaks havoc in China; 295 people killed or missing.
Here to close the day, one more time, is the great Marvin Gaye, performing “What Going On” in Amsterdam in 1971.