Watching Dexter and Ray Donovan back-to-back not a recipe for good dreams, so I’m a little hazy today.
But here are some spicy mid-day treats:
* Greg Sargent notes that conservative hostility to immigration reform is such that John Boehner may lack the votes even to pass the kind of “piecemeal” reform bills the House Judiciary Committee is working on, which creates all kinds of strategic problems for the Orange Man.
* Politico‘s Dylan Byers reports Fox and CNN crushed MSNBC ratings-wise in the end-game of the Zimmerman trial. I’d call that just a really bad away game for MSNBC.
* Unnamed juror in Zimmerman trial already looking for book deal.
* Conservative warhorse (and most recently, NRA president) David Keene takes over rabid editorial page of Washington Times.
* Nate Silver upgrades GOP chances of 2014 Senate takeover to “close to even-money,” which is higher than Nate Cohn’s assessment.
And in non-political news:
* Cleveland Indians fan catches four foul balls in one game.
For no particular reason, here’s some more Marvin: “Got To Give It Up” on Soul Train.
Back in a bit.