Hope you didn’t mind some of the deeper dives today, but the sparse political news carried a lot of freight.
Here are some final items for the day:
* RINO Purge Alert! Liz Cheney to challenge Enzi in 2014 primary.
* High-level Bachmann staffer arrested on charges of burglary from other House offices. C&L’s Karoli has the weird back-story.
* Per filibuster agreement, Obama quickly nominates two replacement candidates for NLRB. One is current NLRB staffer; the other attorney for AFL-CIO.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys notes baleful effect of “double-down on white voters” strategy on California GOP.
* Also at Ten Miles Square, Ryan Cooper discovers Madison predicted a dysfunctional Senate.
And in non-political news:
Let’s close the day with some more Fear: the famous Saturday Night Live set of “Beef Baloney” and “New York’s All Right (If You Like Saxophones),” reportedly arranged, complete with slam-dancers, by John Belushi.