* Jared Bernstein explains once again why the Affordable Care Act is unavoidably complicated.
* Rolling Stone cover feature on Jahar Tsarnaev, which offers some valuable insights, getting blasted for “glamorous” cover photo of terrorist. Guess they could have gone with another story from the issue–say, “On the Bus With Willie Nelson”–for the cover.
* Jonathan Bernstein says Republicans can blame Ted Cruz for the cycle of events that led to their defeat on filibuster rules.
* Brian Beutler argues Liz Cheney is a classic Establishment Republican dressing up in Tea garb to the great annoyance of her old friends.
* Paul Waldman asks the question on many minds this week: why does the Washington Post keep publishing Richard Cohen?
And in non-political news:
* Goodyear Blimps being replaced by zeppelins, not that the company is going to call them anything other than “blimps.”
Since we featured Clapton earlier, let’s stick with it: here he is performing “Bell Bottom Blues” with Bobby Whitlock.