Today’s political news sure took an unexpected turn, eh? And on a Friday afternoon!
Here are some final items:
* Having agreed on separating SNAP from Farm Bill, House GOPers now fighting over how deeply to cut SNAP.
* Rick Scott meets with protestors, but won’t budge on “Stand Your Ground” law.
* 4th Circuit Court of Appeals orders James Risen to testify at criminal trial of CIA source.
* At Ten Miles Square, Austin Frakt discusses the number of young people needed in the insurance pool to make Obamacare work as intended.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer not real jazzed about Senate “deal” on student loan interest rates.
And in non-political news:
* Profiles in honest procrastination: Ohio library receives book checked out 41 years ago, along with $299.30 fine owed.
That’s it for now. Thanks for hanging with me during a lively week. Sam Knight will be in for Weekend Blogging.
Let’s close with one more from B.B. King: “Blues Boys Tune.”