* Greg Sargent reports on the plans of business and religious groups to lobby House Republicans one-by-one against obstructing immigration reform.
* Obama shows up at White House presser and briefly addresses Zimmerman verdict from perspective of African-Americans who, like him, have experienced profiling.
* NC Senate Republicans unveil even more restrictive voter ID bill than one already passed by House. It would ban use of college IDs for voting.
* Wonkblog‘s Brad Plumer supplies map showing 36 local jurisdictions that have filed for bankruptcy since 2010.
* Two Democratic state senators in Colorado facing recall election on 9/10 for support of legislation tightening background check system and limiting ammo clips.
* Harold Meyerson squarely blames Detroit bankruptcy on auto executives.
And in non-political news:
* Nerdiness getting cool: AOL/EW providing live-stream coverage of Comic-Con ’13!
Back in a bit. Here’s some more B.B. King, with “The Thrill is Gone” at Montreux in 1993.