Running a little late thanks to a brief server problem and then a long work-related phone call. But the day did get a bit more interesting. Here are some final items:
* E.J. Dionne points out Obama’s comments on Trayvon Martin echo those of another African-American centrist about Rodney King back in 1992: Corey Booker.
* George Zimmerman helps himself while helping others with role in rescue of truck crash victims.
* Via Greg Sargent, John McCain excoriates fellow GOPers for potential debt limit/appropriations “shenanigans” this fall.
* At Ten Miles Square, Sarah Binder suggests Democratic unity was the crucial factor that made “nuclear option” threat credible.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues “crisis” of legal profession overblown because of excessive focus on handful of top firms.
And in non-political news:
* Hard to avoid this one: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to a prince, and both mother and child appear to be healthy.
There’s only one appropriate song from My Aim is True to end the day: “Waiting For the End of the World.”