A strange morning of warmed-over not-news and impending news. Here are some mid-day items with nutritional promise:
* The president’s Knox College speech frames fight for full economic recovery as one between his “middle class agenda” and Republican obstructionists promoting inequality. More later.
* Matt Bevin formally announces primary challenge to Mitch McConnell with thinly-veiled encouragement of national conservative groups.
* McConnell at odds with growing Senate GOP coalition–including Cruz and Rubio–wanting to make Obamacare de-funding center of appropriations fight.
* Spitzer quickly denies any backsliding into hooker use as Weiner firestorm rages.
* At TAP, Paul Waldman meditates on the plight of Huma Abedin, “Mrs. Carlos Danger.”
And in non-political but blotting-out-the-sun news:
* New prince named George Alexander Louis.
Back after a lunch break, but here’s Doug & the Slugs with “Too Bad,” which could be a commentary on Weiner’s fate.