As the Atlantic hurricane season arrives in full force, Weather.com offers a fascinating chart of actual hurricane strikes in U.S. since 1900 from the Texas/Mexico border to Boston.
While you are mulling that over, here are some mid-day news/views bites:
* With Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act suspended by SCOTUS, Holder begins pursuing actions under Sections 2 and 3 to challenge state voting restrictions.
* RNC begins sending “directors” to key states as state parties roil with intramural conflicts.
* Pelosi weighs in on NYC mayor’s race, blasting former colleague Weiner for “reprehensible” conduct, and taking a swing at San Diego mayor Bob Filner while she’s at it.
* Meanwhile, new poll shows 43% of NY Democrats want Weiner to drop out, though he’s still in second place with 16% in candidate preference.
And in non-political news:
* Better publicity stunt than trashing a hotel room: Puddle of Mudd singer arrested for vandalizing neighbor’s property with a buzz-saw and a sledge hammer.
Back in a while. In the meantime, more John Lee, this time with Carlos Santana, asking us to “Chill Out.”