More blessed rain today on the Central Coast, with sporadic rain likely the next few days. Looks like the Bay Area could get a soaking right on through until Tuesday. Not quite the usual winter monsoon, but every drop helps.
Here are some weatherproofed midday news/views treats:
* Maybe some conservatives are distancing themselves from hammer-headed “Obamacare killed 2 million jobs” lie, but it’s already making its way into GOP campaign ads.
* Pakistani-Taliban talks begin, with low expectations.
* T-Mac promises “60 parties in 60 days” (length of Virginia’s state legislative session) to lubricate talks with Republicans. He also promises top-shelf booze.
* Check out Paul Glatris’ appearance on Ken Rudin’s public radio show “Political Junkie,” where he discusses the State of the Union Address.
* E.J. Dionne wonders if the arguments of Obamacare opponents really have to be so “willfully stupid.”
And in non-political news:
* Surfing a trend, Burger King to offer “chicken and waffle sandwich.”
As we break for lunch, here’s Falco with “Vienna Calling.”