Sorry for the hiatus, but I’m decidedly under the weather today, and also had an unexpectedly long work call.
Here are some midday doses of sunshine and rain:
* Turkish plane hijacker apparently headed for Sochi.
* Larry Sabato puts Scott Walker at the top of his 2016 list of GOP likelies for the moment.
* Per Gallup, continued Republican domination of Texas depends both on relatively high standing among Hispanics and extraordinary strength among white voters.
* Carle Hulse tries to explain why Republicans keep drawing attention to an immigration issue they can’t resolve in their own ranks.
* Montana Lt. Gov. John Walsh appointed to Max Baucus’ Senate seat.
* James Carville signs on with Fox News.
And in non-political news:
* Grantland‘s recommendations for Winter Olympics must-sees.
As we break for a very late lunch, here’s the Beatles with another of the tunes they sang on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, “Til There Was You.”