The rain’s gone in central California; the ice and snow are back in the Southeast; and it’s getting dangerously warm in Sochi. Crazy weather is definitely the New Normal.
* Byron York joins the pack baying at Pat Roberts as a Kansas Expat who’s gone native in Washington.
* White House announces new public-private initiative to help “young men of color.” Yes, Obama plays the race card again.
* Charlie Cook explores the unparalleled fear of being “primaried” from the Right by Republican officeholders.
* WSJ’s James Taranto takes another ill-advised plunge into the problem of campus sexual assaults.
* Holder calls on states to end disenfranchisement of ex-felons.
And in non-political news:
Shirley Temple Black dies at 85.
As we pause for lunch, here’s more Skip James performing “Skip’s Worried Blues” in 1966.