Maybe this is an old-guy thing, but it still felt weird watching one Russian ice-skating pair in Sochi performing to the theme from The Addams Family and then another (the gold metal winners) kicking out the jams to Jesus Christ Superstar.
Here are some equally Americanized midday news and views treats:
* TPM offers handy interactive map on Obamacare enrollment in the states.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman discusses Tennessee GOP efforts to interfere with VW’s right to negotiate with unions. More about that later.
* Rolling Stone‘s Matt Taibbi warns of disastrous implications of bank takeovers of heavy industry.
* Nation’s Capital braces not only for snow, but for midnight’s release of the second season of House of Cards.
And in non-political news:
* Worst is over for Atlanta after giant winter storm, but 347,000 Georgians still without power.
As we break for lunch, here’s Mississippi John Hurt with “Make Me a Pallet on the Floor.”