So I tweeted my fairly elaborate post about the history of Christian Right Nazi analogies, and immediately got back a tweet reading: “Eugenics? A PROGRESSIVE crusade EMBRACED BY HITLER. Hello?” Sometimes I wonder why I bother with anything other than sloganeering.
Here are some remains of the day:
* 39 Moral Monday protesters arrested at Georgia Capital for protests of state’s refusal to expand Medicaid coverage.
* My former PA sidekick Ryan Cooper joins chorus against FiveThirtyEight’s “data journalism” with blistering column at his new perch at The Week.
* New survey shows plurality of Americans now follow news throughout the day, not just at breakfast or dinner-time. Fresh hope for news-cycle bloggers!
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys compares and contrasts Tory handling of UKIP with Republican handling of Tea Folk.
* At College Guide, Clare McKann discusses “social impact bonds” as novel instrument for funding pre-K programs.
And in non-political news:
* Pope Francis blesses Russell Crowe, but won’t bless (or watch) Noah.
Let’s close the day with Elvis’ last consensus #1 single, 1969’s “Suspicious Minds.”