Just discovered that the new FiveThirtyEight site has an excellent archive with all the stuff I wrote for them back in 2009-10. Very hard to find during the New York Times years.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Joe Biden gets invited to a high school prom, handles it well.
* Florida legislator tells crowd at anti-Common Core rally that the initiative’s aim is to “attract every one of your children to become as homosexual as they possibly can.” Yep, that’s what Jeb Bush wants.
* Mike Pence testing out his “repeal Obamacare, expand Medicaid” positioning in speech in DC.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein mocks polls that test qualities voters say they want in candidates before they are attached to actual candidates.
* At College Guide, Sarah Carr explores the new frontier of pre-K testing.
And in non-political news:
* Pontiac Silverdome being chopped and sold.
That it for the day. Here’s one more tune from Junior Wells, performing “Snatch It Back & Hold It.”