Heading back West with a vast layover at SFO before they twist the rubber bands for the final hop. So it goes.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Must be a slow news day at the Weekly Standard: “Activist Encourages Defacement of Cover of Paul Ryan’s Book.” Is nothing sacred?
* Summary of the grief Jay Nixon is getting over Ferguson. Suspect the talk about a national ticket spot is fading fast.
* Crossroads ad up accusing Mark Pryor of wanting to cut Social Security and Medicare. Classic Rovism on behalf of a real threat to the safety net, Tom Cotton.
* At Ten Miles Square, Julia Azari discusses Obama’s dilemmas in dealing with Ferguson and Iraq.
* At College Guide, Andre Perry notes the high number of new teachers leaving the profession quickly.
And in non-political news:
* Steve Ballmer leaving Microsoft board to run the L.A. Clippers.
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s close with a classic performance by Ginger Baker with Cream: “Sunshine of Your Love.”