Seems my humorous little post the other day suggesting and soliciting names of people who should be banned from Meet the Press panels drew the attention of some of our more witless and angry friends on the Right, who have turned me into a Totalitarian Beast. Good for WaMo traffic, though.
Here are some midday news/views treats:
* HuffPost’s Sam Stein gets audio of Joni Ernst crediting Koch network donors for lifting her out of nowhere. Ernst really is a political time bomb; election day can’t arrive soon enough for her.
* Interesting Bloomberg piece on the sheer number of likely new GOP House members who openly disrespect John Boehner.
* At the Prospect, Arthur Goldhammer offers the backstory on this week’s Socialist meltdown in France.
* Interesting reaction from Atlanta Journal-Constitution to WaMo’s College Rankings, noting Georgia’s winners and losers.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman looks at the possibility of an indie candidate in Kansas gaining effective control of the U.S. Senate.
And in non-political news:
* Something else I missed by stupidly following AZ-01 returns half the night: last episode of Chelsea Lately.
As we break for lunch, here’s more J.B. Lenoir, with “Talk To Your Daughter.”