I’m being amused by signs that a tweet I did comparing Sarah Palin unfavorably to Ben Carson is stimulating some Palinite shots at Carson. Who’d a thunk it?
Here are some remains of the day:
* Mississippi judge tosses Chris McDaniel legal challenge to Republican Senate primary on grounds it missed deadline.
* At The Atlantic Peter Beinart argues Obama does have Middle East strategy: “fierce minimalism” focused on avoiding U.S. casualties at home or abroad.
* At Ten Miles Square Ramesh Ponnuru suggests Mitt Romney may not exactly be the fresh face Republicans need in 2016.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports on research suggesting that for-profit college degree holders are no more attracting to employers than those who don’t attend college at all.
And in non-political news:
* Stephon Marbury acting in musical play loosely based on his career in Chinese basketball. Didn’t see that coming.
That’s it for Friday. Martin Longman will be in for tomorrow and Sunday, and I’ll be back for Ultra-Lite Major Federal Holiday Blogging on Monday. To extend the nautical theme a bit, and celebrate the weekend, here’s Eddie and the Hot Rods with “Fish ‘n’ Chips.”