It’s going to be a short blogging week for me, since the medical procedure I was too sick to undergo week before last is now on for Friday.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Russian bank hires Trent Lott and John Breaux to lobby against U.S. sanctions. But it’s Obama who’s refusing to stand up to Putin, right?
* Rev. Rafael Cruz–his son Ted’s warm-up act–says African-Americans “need to be educated” on things like evils of minimum wage, history of civil rights movement.
* Former “personhood” advocate Cory Gardner now says he wants the pill to be made available OTC. Pretty good etch-a-sketching.
* At Ten Miles Square, Ramesh Ponnuru thinks Republicans are in danger of a 1998-style disappointment this year if they don’t embrace a positive agenda.
* At College Guide, Andre Perry lists non-academic objectives that are reasonable for parents.
And in non-political news:
* Turns out the Kardashian/Jenner tribe earned $10 million for latest season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Plus all that advertising for the other crap they sell.
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s close with Billy Preston covering “Double O Soul” with Ray Charles on piano: