Nothing like the day after a holiday weekend to find yourself in Slow News Land. So there will be some midday tidbits that ordinarily would stay in the pantry:
* Dave Weigel hired by Bloomberg to anchor its new politics “brand.”
* In other journalism news, WaPo replaces Katharine Weymouth with former Politico CEO Frederick Ryan, first non-Graham-family publisher.
* And in tragic news, second U.S. journalist murdered on video by ISIS.
* HuffPost’s polling-only Senate forecast shows Democrats with slightly higher chance than Republicans of holding Senate this year.
* Steve King brings in Michelle Malkin for big home-district event; she calls him “national treasure.”
And in non-political news:
* Manhattan Denny’s offers “Grand Cru Slam” for $300; includes bottle of Dom Perignon.
As we break for lunch, here’s Billy Preston covering Sam Cooke’s “A Change Is Gonna Come.”