Il neige! Il neige bien forte!
Here are some snowy midday news/views snacks:
* Froomkin previews the “torture report,” such as it is.
* Brother Benen explains the bizarre GOP idea of blocking the 2015 State of the Union Address.
* Tom Harkin now thinks complexity of the Affordable Care Act indicates Democrats should have held out for single-payer.
* Ashton Carter now for sure being nominated for SecDef.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman points out criticisms of Obama’s passivity are not being heard much now.
And in non-political news:
* University of Alabama-Birmingham to close football program. Probably won’t happen at Tuscaloosa branch of that school.
As we break for lunch, here’s Black Sabbath performing “Iron Man” in 1970.